Workshop details and fees
Who can attend?
Category Managers, Buyers, Merchandising, Space and Assortment planners, Trade Marketing, KAM´s, Brand Managers
Level: Beginner to intermediate
Comprehensive course materials, case studies and certificate
950€ + VAT, 1st participant/company
900€ + VAT, 2 to 4 participants/company
850€ + VAT, 5+ participants/company
100€ discount/participant for early bird (valid until Sept 15th)
For more information and registrations, please contact:
Advanced Analytics Sales Leader Portugal
Day 1: 09:00 – 13:00 & 14:00 – 17:00
- Introduction – Welcome instructions
- Retail Landscape Overview and Market Trends
- Category Management Introduction
- Definition and relevance
- 4 key outputs
- What benefits it brings to retailers, manufacturers and shoppers
- Roles, Responsibilities and Benefits
- Organizational change
- Category captaincy and collaborative relationship
- Category Management Process
- Retailer strategy
- Efficient Consumer Response 8 step process
- Step 1: Category Definition. Products to Include in a Category
- Shopper decision tree
- Step 2: Category Role. How Relevant is the Category
- 4 category roles
- Step 3: Category Assessment. Find Main Opportunities
- 4 assessment areas to drive opportunities
Day 2: 09:00 – 13:00 & 14:00 – 17:00
- Day 1 Review
- Step 4: Category Scorecard. The Goals to Pursue
- Which KPIs to consider?
- Step 5: Category Strategy, Action Plan
- 7 options to evaluate
- Category Management Trends and Shopper Understanding
- Step 6: Category Tactics
- Step 7: Category Implementation
- What should include an implementation plan?
- Step 8: Category Review, Constant Improvement
- Results and corrective actions
Jana Volovika, Category Management Consulting Leader for East Europe
Jana has more than 10 years of experience in Retail, with expertise starting in store operations, category management to private label development and brand management.
She delivers a series of workshops with an integrated perspective that combines manufacturing, retailing and use of data and analytics.
Jana leads NielsenIQ Category Management Consulting for the Eastern Europe region and as of February 2021 she is part of the advisors group to the Category Management Association board.